After a completely unintended hiatus, I’m back! Welcome to 2020!! I’ve got an update on the move to our new home. I give a kind of loose tour of what’s kept me away. There’s some excitement over my new office. And I give some insight into what I want to do with the show and more in 2020.(more…)
For the first show of the new year, I am giving a quick recap of where we’ve been on this crazy little podcast, and where I want to go with things in the new year.
- Found Spreaker App for Android, allowed live streaming and recording of a podcast from my phone.
- July 22, 2015- Spur of the moment broadcast first Odd Dad Out Podcast live from my car while driving home from work. (My apologies to anyone who’s listened to it.) I had no clue what I was doing, and used a Skyrim ringtone and canned audience for the intro. That actually stuck for a few shows.
- August 6- Episode 3: “Rowdy” show, recorded the night before son #4 was born. First time actually using notes for a show. Took 3 tries to record and left me completely exhausted the next morning when it was time to have the baby.
- Episode 4: First and so far only show with a co-host. Recorded show with my wife and realized how much I need better recording equipment if I’m gonna have anybody else on the show.
- Hiatus- After Episode 5, which was my strongest show up to that point, maybe still, the combination of new baby, work, 3 other boys, and plain old writer’s block resulted in an unintended 2 month break from recording.
- November- Show resumes with the appropriately titled “I’m Still Here.” I’ve got a new resolve to not Pod-fade and promise to get on a regular release schedule.
- Enter Flu Season- Plagues of sickness overtake our house in a seemingly endless chain of rotating illness lasting for weeks and derailing the regular recording schedule.
I’ve now got a mixer, 2 desk mics, 2 headsets, more recording software (and know kinda how to use it,) and a solid intro format for the show going forward. This gives me both a static studio to record and a mobile setup for recording elsewhere.
- Odd Dad Out Studio
- Format changes- Gonna start actually planning out the shows somewhat and creating better show notes (like these.)
- Aiming to get the official OddDadOutPodcast.com up and running soon.
- Want to upgrade my media hosting and website to have more space for shows and a better web presence.
- I’m gonna try to be more active on social media.
- Guest co-hosts- I want to start having guest co-hosts join me from time to time. I don’t do interviews, but having somebody else to talk to would definitely be an improvement.